Another new recipe, this one courtesy of the Co-op free recipe magazine.
It was nice, though next time I would cook the spinach a little longer as it was a tad bitter, and I would be less liberal with the lemon juice, and it rather swamped the other flavours. Also I misread it and only used one punnet of mushrooms instead of two (which seems excessive!), but may have affected the flavour overall.
- 1 packet of fresh gnocchi (400g)
- 400g Chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 bag of baby spinach (approx 125g–200g)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 40g Walnuts, chopped
- Lemon juice and zest
- 60g Stilton
- 50g half fat creme fraiche
- Heat the olive oil and cook the mushrooms and garlic for 3-4 mins (the first time I cooked this I just used 1 packet of mushrooms and hadn’t realised the recipe required 2 packets of mushrooms!)
- Add in the spinach, cover and turn down the heat for a bit (I didn’t cook the spinach long enough so make sure it’s nice and wilted)
- Cook the gnocchi as per packet instructions
- Stir gnocchi into the spinach and mushroom mixture with the lemon juice, (not too much lemon juice – just a little then flavour to taste later) blue cheese, creme fraiche – add in a little water if it looks too dry.
- Sprinkle with parsley and walnuts and salt and pepper.