After Thailand, I popped over to Oz to visit my dad and a few good friends. I was mostly in Sydney, but also went to Melbourne for the very first time, and fell completely in love with the city, and got to do loads of fun touristy things, so most of my pics are from there!
Firstly, and most importantly though, I will have to bore you to death with the blow-by-blow account of the journey to Oz…
Saw these STUNNING tiles in the airport lounge – I want them for my kitchen!
Accidentally flew Premium Economy back to Bangkok – which was very posh for a budget airline! They reserved the seat in the middle of the row to make it more comfy, and served up sushi!
Me, my travel pillow and my new panda mask get some shuteye…
Had my eyebrows dyed, but think it may have been slightly over-zealous!
Arrived in the Dandenongs (north of Melbourne) – they told us it was 43 degrees the day before, but when we arrived it was a damp and chilly 10 degrees!
Dad and I brave the rain – glad I brought my trusty poncho!
Extremely posh dessert choices at the Yering Station Winery
Catching up with my friend CeeCee!!!
Aas a lead-up to the rest of the pictures here’s my related facebook post about Melbourne:
18th January 2015
What a magical weekend in Melbourne with my dear friend CeeCee!
Maya and CeeCee (a.k.a MeeCee) were reunited after almost two incredibly long years apart.
Here’s what MeeCee did in Melbourne:
– pondered potato espuma, mojama, and other extremely hip and exotic foodstuffs in the Yarra valley,
– Explored greater Melburbia
– watched Liam hemsworth remove his shirt at the cinema. Some other actors did stuff too
– walked 14km through fabulous Melbs
– drank gin cocktails at extremely hip rooftop bars,
– dealt with a fairly major possum situation
– ate gourmet toasties at hipster bars
– remembered that time when Liam took his shirt off in the movie
– ate ice cream by the sea, and looked at boats
– toured the street art quarter and went hipster spotting
– drank pimms and cider in the sunshine, and played cards at the pub
– spontaneously sighed and said “oh Liam”
– discovered that all Melbourne bars have record players instead of CDs, because cd’s are not hip.
– made some spontaneous dubsmash videos and thought many times that we wished JB was here too
– CeeCee insinuated that Maya’s stylish red Audrey Hepburn hat was “daggy”
– Maya disagreed, and then shocked the population of Melbs by refusing to order coffee in any of the coffee shops.
– Maya also had coffee (well tea, obviously) with the fabulous AM, ST, and PS!
At the end of that magical weekend, MeeCee found themselves on opposite sides of the street, sadly catwaving at each other. CeeCee hung her head and returned to the office with a heavy heart. Maya tried to fill the void with a spontaneous handbag purchase on the way to the station.
I think Melbourne might be my all-time favourite city, but sadly I’m not cool enough to live here…
Checking out the famous Hosier Lane – street art central
Hipster Bride Alert!
David Bowie Tribute
Posing by a colourful dumpster!
Funky panda selfie – Blue Steel
More Bowie tributes
The greatest sign I’ve ever seen. If it doesn’t make you laugh, then read it again, and think it through.
Down at Williamstown looking at the boats and the city skyline from across the bay.
View of Fitzroy from the funky groovy rooftop bar!
Sunday afternoon movie and pimms!
Gorgeous Liam Hemsworth, who we both fell in love with after the movie… Le Sigh.
Amazing sign on the tram – Watch out for those rhinos on skateboards!
Back to Sydney for some croquet with my dad. I had forgotten how fun it is as a game!
Met up with another old friend for hot chocolate and eclairs – YUM!
And up to rainy Leura for a few days to see my bro and his family.
Cuddles with the new baby!