Ok, so this one is NOT for those of you on a diet.
It is utterly delicious and it is so full of naughty things it’s not worth counting the calories.
The recipe comes from BBC GoodFood, although I first discovered it at a friend’s BBQ, and it was just unbelievably good. I have experimented with this recipe, and made it both in individual ramekins as well as one large one.
For the base:
- 200g Digestive Biscuits (Chocolate Digestives are best)
- 100g Butter
For the Filling:
- 300g Cream Cheese
- 200g Whipping Cream
- 200g Toblerone
- Crush the digestives, and melt the butter in a pan. Once melted, add the digestives to the butter and mix together.
- Place the base mixture in a springform cake tin (approx 8″) and press down until firm and even.
- Melt the Toblerone in a bowl over a pot of simmering water (or I just use the microwave…)
- Empty the cream cheese into a large bowl and beat until smooth. Lightly whisk the cream until almost stiff and then add to the cream cheese.
- Add the melted toblerone to the mixture and mix well (the whole mixture should be light brown).
- Pour the mixture onto the base, smoothing out. Bang the cake tin on a solid surface to ensure the mixture settles.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours, then add some grated chocolate to the top to serve.